| About the Book » About ‘Winning is Everything’
‘Winning is Everything’ is the outcome of my learning and experience of 17 years starting with imbibing conventional leadership traits from Internal Security (Police) Academy to the lobbies of IIM - Lucknow from where I picked up the concepts of success in Corporate world and the experience through these years as a Police Officer to Chef People Officer.
The USP of the book is interesting stories and examples with effective learning to understand the management concepts and their application in a very easy but effective manner.
What is in the Book
The book will not only give attention on ‘What’ is required in life to be successful, rather ‘How’ it can be achieved in a very practical manner, one can easily understand the magic mantras with natural ease with the help of ‘hitting the nail’ stories.
A great deal of personal research has helped me in explaining some tough topics with such examples that anyone in Corporate World, Management Institutes / Business School or Degree College will feel as these are from their own world only.
The book is divided in 10 chapters and first 4 chapters are dedicated to the success formula known as - KASH (Knowledge, Attitude, Skills and Habits).
Chapters 5 to 10 cover behavioural abilities to attain success, where the most challenging topics are picked up and explained keeping in view the ‘Practical Approach’.
The Wow Factors of Winning is Everything / What is So Special in the Book ?
- Do Human Beings Appreciate or Depreciate.
- Value of Self-Assessment and how to assess on realistic grounds.
- Smart Work V/s Hard Work.
- The Practical Understanding of - Out of the Box Thinking.
- ‘You Be You’ concept to handle comparison with others.
- The Role of Perception in life and its impact on Attitude.
- Behavioural and Functional Abilities.
- Role of Mnemonics in Sharpening your Memory.
- 8 Productive Habits one should inculcate to be Successful.
- Leadership Qualities / How can you become a leader.
- Krishna Theory of Leadership (studying Lord Krishna as a Leader and learning how he led among all challenges and odds.
- Learning ‘How’ to take Critical and Ideal Decisions.
- Decision Making Matrix to learn Different Decision selection.
- Grapevine Communication for sure shot success.
- Building TEAM (Together Everyone Achieves More)
- ‘Burger Rule’ of giving Effective and Constructive Feedback.
- Ways of Increasing Motivation for Individuals and Organisations.
- 5 Important Concepts of Spiritual Management.
Some Amazing Stories to Watch for :
- Smart Enemy is better than a Foolish Friend.
- The Story of Two Monks on Perception.
- Story of Attitude of a Watchman, find out if he gained or lost.
- The Great Magician who was skilled but not intelligent.
- The Story of Two Farmers (having fields on one piece of Land with one side Lush Green and the other side completely baron).
- Donkey in the Well can teach you some amazing lessons.
- Intelligent Sparrow (who could take revenge with her mental strength).
- The Goldsmith (who could beat everyone with his sharp Intelligence).
- The Saint and the Scorpio, who learnt what lesson from whom.
- Hanging Sword can teach you a lot in life, depends where it is hanging.
- The ‘Team’ of Hare and Tortoise who both Won the race of life.
- The Soap Box Story or Creativity and Team Building.
- The ‘Masterpiece’ of a painter can make you a ‘Masterpiece’ for the world.
- Story of The Boxer, how perspective change step by step.
- The Story of an Aamir and the Slave, can slave teach a few lessons.